Tuesday, August 12, 2014

ID Project 3- Orthographic Drawings

In this final project, we were required to form a group of 6 and choose a given site level within Taylors University Lakeside Campus. Individually, we were asked to select  a space of about 10m x 10m from the chosen level. Explorations and observation were to be done and an orthographic drawing presentation are about to be submitted. The objective are implementing observation skills, be able to record, organize, interpret and describe issues via visual communications as well as to introduce the techniques of drawing in the built environment practice. 

  • My progress
My group:
Me
Chan Jia Xin
Yee Zhen Li
Siong Jia Yii
Hwang Wei Li
Chong Hui Xin

During every tutorial session, our tutor, Ms Ida guided and helped us a lot in compiling our orthographic drawings. I appreciated her comments and for my drawings very much as they really helped much. My group members and I always assisted each other in doing the measurements and drawings. It was a smooth and fun progress. 

  • Final Product 
My drawings including the site plan, location plan, floor plan, elevation , section and detail drawings were annotated and arranged on 2 A2 boards as presentation boards.





Reflection:
Through this final project, I expanded my knowledge and skills in the field of architecture. I learned more about observation skills and orthographic drawings methods. I also practised to draw using the right architectural techniques using the right tools such as drawing my plan to a scale of 1:50 using a scale ruler. I had experienced and learned a lot of new things with my group members, other classmates and tutors.
TGC logo
I learned to solve the problem of getting the most accurate measurements for my drawings and think critically on how to organize them well on the boards.
TGC logo
As the leader, I learned to guide and help my other group members in selecting and measuring their sites as well as help them with the right techniques of orthographic drawings.
TGC logo
I also learned to put most of the theories taught in classes into practices and finally complete my orthographic presentation boards. 


No comments:

Post a Comment