Saturday, June 14, 2014

CL Project 1- Experiential Landscape


In this CL individual project 1, we're given a task to select one from the topics given and do a comparative study of the similar topics on a local and an international case study.
Our findings were to be presented on mounting boards. Lastly, we were asked to make a reflection video of learning from this project.

Objective of the project is to allow students to understand typology, function and how people response to the space chosen. At the same time, students will learn more when doing their research on basic information, design intention, characteristics and management of their specific case studies.

  •  My Progress
Topic chosen: Plaza
Local case study: Town Square, Malacca
International case study: Trafalgar Square, London

Books found as references
Some information gathered from books and internet

My layout for the presentation board

  • Final work
Board 1
Board 2
Reflection video


Reflection:

Through this individual project 1, I not only learned about the functions and importances of urban spaces in contributing better quality of human lives but also, I learned about the stories behind it. For instance, I gain my knowledge in history of war in London and the story of Queen Victoria in London in the ancient times.
Moreover... 
TGC logo
I expanded my knowledge on urban spaces as well as the constructed landscape surrounding us.
TGC logo
I learned to compare the local and international case studies by thinking more critically.
TGC logo
I now prone to plan and manage work faster and in more effective way.






No comments:

Post a Comment