Tuesday, August 12, 2014

ID Project 2- Observation Sketch & Measurement

For the second project, we were given a task to individually choose 2 objects to sketch and conduct measurement of them. The objective of this project is to identify the  fundamental principles, elements and techniques in sketching, drawing, design process and presentation skills. We could also  Demonstrate observation skills and be able to record, organize, interpret and describe a variety of issues via visual communications effectively.

  • The Progress



During the first tutorial session, we were asked to choose one of the fruits and vegetables provided by the lecturers in class to learn some 3-dimensional drawing. We had chosen a small cute bitter gourd! I had learned about plan drawing, elevation and section drawing of an object. It was truly fun doing sketches based on a real object. I enjoyed the cut section part although my pen knife ended up stuck with the bitter gourd juices.
The lecturers also briefed us about the drawing tools and method of measuring an object accurately. Here are some tools I had bought.


My lovely Artline and drawing pens!


For this project, I had searched for my whole room and ended up choosing this two objects which are my precious and daily objects --> my Nikon digital camera and one side of my shoe. Here are photos of my objects showing different direction of views.





Another interesting thing was we learned about architectural writing in tutorial class. We felt like going back to kindergarten, learning all the lettering and alphabets once again. It was fun anyway.



  • Final Product




Second Submission from Sheau Hui Tan


Reflection:

Through this project, I trained myself more in observation and sketching skill. Drawing is always my hobby as it is a way of expressing myself but after understanding this subject, I came to realise there are many more different stories behind drawings. It is an important tool of representation especially for architects to present their ideas to the public. I get to be more interested in drawings through this project.

TGC logo
It is a lifelong learning when it comes to drawings.I learned to locate, extract and utilise information gathered from a real object and onto pieces of papers that can be understood by the others. 
TGC logo
There are problems faced in everything we do, similar to this project. I learned to think more creatively so that I can imagine my objects' appearances on the papers.
TGC logo
After everything was taught by the lecturers, I was able to put them into my drawings. The theories taught were put into my practices.




No comments:

Post a Comment