Saturday, August 2, 2014

ENGLISH Project 2 - Oral Presentation

For the second project in English I, I was given a task to do an oral presentation in a group of 5. The topic given was about a future city or future plans of an existing city. The objective of this project is to provide students with basic skill of oral presentation. 

  • Our Progress
First, I formed a group with the other 4 classmates I, who were Jolyn, Zhen Li, Jennifer and Jia Yii. I was a bit nervous for being nominated as the group leader but I was glad at the same time to have a chance to guide the whole group project. The five of us had a meeting and we were all agreed on doing the topic of future plans of a city. And the works began after by dividing the works.

Weeks before the final presentation, we had done our slides in Microsoft Power Point. The lecturer, Ms Cassandra gave us some useful comments and corrected our mistakes during tutorial sessions. It was a good experience to have a group project carried on so well and smooth all the way until the final presentation day.

  • Our Final Work 
Our slide presentation



A nice group photo with Ms Cassandra, our English I lecturer after our presentation.


Reflection:
Through this project, I learned about how to deliver my ideas in a presentation better. I learned about voice projection, body language and organization of content in presentation from lecturer, other classmates and my own experience in group. I think it was a good start and I hope I can do better in the future.
TGC logo
I am now able to understand certain specific issues in city planning and put them into theories and solve them.
TGC logo
I also learned to analyse and solve the problems in Maputo by thinking more critically and creatively including every aspects I could found.
TGC logo
Through the progress, I can communicate with my team mates and the lecturer to share my ideas and thoughts clearly and effectively. I also learned to analyse and listen to their opinions and conservations during discussion and tutorial session.
TGC logo
I also learned to identify the strength in every members in my group to divide the works fairly. I learned to be a group leader in this project that can help my members as much as I could. 
TGC logo
Also, I learned to wisely use the Microsoft software to present our ideas and information to the whole class in slides.


No comments:

Post a Comment