Saturday, February 7, 2015

PSY Project 1- Individual Journal

In this first assignment of Social Psychology, our task given was to write individual journals in context with the social concepts we had learnt to show our understandings on them. There were two separate journals we had to do based on topics given.


Journal 1
For the first journal, we were required to make a short write up for a visual social behaviour we could observed and captured in our daily lives. The behaviour captures could be in a form of drawing or photo. The intended outcome of this journal is to apply social psychological theories to our personal lives and that of others as well as to understand people better so that we could interact well with others.
Below are my drawing of a social settings found near a beverage stall and my short essay.





Journal 2
While for the second individual journal, our task was to describe the mechanism of persuasion and stereotype or prejudice reflected in a printed advertisement found in newspaper or magazines. The intended outcome is to encourage us understand the current living context and to gain awareness to social elements in persuasion, prejudice and stereotype.

These are my selected advertisement and write up on the reflected issues.





Reflection
Throughout this first individual assignment, I have learnt more about social theories and concepts as well as to appropriately apply them in my daily lives with people. It is crucial to understand ourselves and others in order to have great interaction and avoid unnecessary conflicts with others.

 Discipline Specific Knowledge
Not only understand the social psychological concepts in theories, I learned to put them into practice in my daily life.

 Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
I have also learnt about analysing what I could observe in social settings and identify the social mechanism reflected so that I could locate the information obtained well.

No comments:

Post a Comment