Monday, February 9, 2015

EPC Reflection


  I have never thought of getting communication module in this course but anyway that was what I got- Effective Public Communication (EPC) as one of my subject in FNBE.
  The main learning outcomes of EPC are to apply the concepts and principles of communication, demonstrate negotiating skills in dealing with different people as well as to be more aware of cultural differences.
  Lessons learnt in this module are mostly about the ways human interact with one another in different social settings. I found it interesting when it comes to non-verbal communication because it could be a way even more efficient and easier than verbal language to deliver codes or messages to the receivers.
  Projects in this module were fun learning process for me. For the first project, we were to create photo blogs in small groups to show the culture and architecture of a certain place we chose. Visiting Petaling Street (my group’s selected venue), taking photographs and writing photo captions were fun and interesting way of learning communication.
Photo Blog link: http://klcitycorner.blogspot.com/
 Our second project was an oral presentation about places around the world. I get to expand my knowledge on traditional dwellings through the research process as well as boosting my confidence in the oral presentation.
  All in all, I could say EPC module was taught effectively and it was fun although sometimes the topics did not grab much of my interest. Tutorial works with the displaying videos in class were cool to me too. After all, I am glad to learn about EPC as it taught me in better understanding people and wisely interact with them.
  TGC capabilities learnt in EPC are:

 Discipline Specific Knowledge
To be able to apply the theories learnt in communication into practice. I have learnt about some general knowledge on communication and also to apply the concepts learnt in my daily life.

 Lifelong Learning
To be able to demonstrate skills of synthesizing, extracting and locating information effectively and independently.  I learned about organizing information gathered during the site visit for project one and during my research for project two so that I could present my findings to others better.

 Communication Skills
To communicate appropriately in different settings and modes. I could now communicate better not only through verbal language but also through non-verbal language with different people in different situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment